Effective Date: April 27th, 2022
Symend is Committed to protecting your privacy.
Data We Collect
Symend collects personal information about you either from you directly or through Symend’s clients and marketing partners. Symend uses only the amount of personal data it needs to provide its services and to operate its business. This information includes:
- Physical address;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Mobile number;
- Opt-in status/consent to contact
- Inbound call information, such as duration and time of call)
- Payment history, such as date and amount of payments. Symend does not collect credit card numbers or bank account numbers;
- Internet and web usage information as it relates to your engagement with this website and other Symend websites and apps, such as IP addresses; and
- Other personally identifiable information as required or provided by current or prospective Symend employees during the job application process, such as medical or financial information in order for Symend to provide employment benefits.
How We Use It
Symend uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- Deliver and maintain its products and services
- Engage in marketing and recruitment campaigns;
- Research and development to improve its products and services;
- Detect and prevent fraud;
- Manage and protect networks, services, employees, and users;
- Report to our clients with respect to the details of your account under the privacy guidelines of our clients;
- Facilitate the general management and administration of our business, including to meet our regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements;
- Communicate with you; and
- Evaluate suitability of employment candidates.
In addition, we may use information collected from you for market research and publishing purposes, such as to publish articles about current market and consumer behavioral trends. In all instances, usage of information for market research and publishing is anonymized and aggregated in such a manner that it cannot be de-anonymized to identify any particular individual.
Internet and web usage information collected is anonymized from our servers and from your internet web browser when you visit our website, such as your IP address, the time and information about the page you requested, and the website through which you were linked to our site, if any. We may use tracking technologies in conjunction with this anonymized data to manage our website traffic, keep count of return visits to our site, and determining which features users like best.
Who We Share It With
Symend shares information with third parties in accordance with legal and contractual requirements and in order to provide our products and services. We share information with such parties only as necessary in order for us to fulfill our obligations and to provide our products and services, including to the following parties:
How We Protect It
Symend uses technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect against accidental or unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your personal information. For example, we anonymize personal data and destroy records once the information is no longer needed. In addition, we train our employees on the importance of privacy, security, and the proper ways to access, use and disclose sensitive information. Our practices and policies prohibit employees with whom we share this information from using sensitive information unless they are authorized to do so and have a business need.
Although we strive to keep information secure, we cannot guarantee with 100% certainty that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information. No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
For more information about our security practices and how we protect your privacy, including to report a security incident, please visit our Security Page
How Long We Retain It
We retain personal data in accordance with our records retention policy which establishes general standards and procedures regarding the retention, handling, and disposition of personal information. In general, we retain personal information only for as long as is needed in order to exercise our legal and contractual requirements (such as business, accounting, tax or legal purposes) and in order to provide our products and services as appropriate to the business. Retention periods, however, will be extended if we are required to preserve personal information in connection with litigation, investigations and proceedings.
Links to Other Websites
Symend as a Service Provider
Access to Personal Information
You have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to limited exceptions under applicable law. In addition, although Symend is based in Canada, we are subject to privacy laws in other jurisdictions, including certain US states which provide you additional rights. Collectively, these jurisdictions provide the following rights:
- Right to access. You have the right to request access to specific pieces and categories of personal information we collected about you during a certain period of time;
- Right to correct. You have the right to correct any inaccuracies of your personal information in records created or maintained by Symend;
- Right to delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information we have about you unless we need it for specific reasons as permitted by applicable law. We retain personal information only as long as reasonably necessary for business, accounting, tax or legal purposes and then securely delete it in accordance with our policies;
- Right to not sell personal information. You have the right to say no to the sale of personal information. Please note that Symend does not sell your personal information nor do we have any plans to start; and
The rights stated above are intended solely for your educational and informational purposes and is not intended to be a complete list or recitation of your privacy rights under applicable law.
How do I Learn More?
If you are not satisfied with the response from our Privacy Officer after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable.
If you have a question or concern about any collection, use or disclosure of personal information by Symend, or if you would like to request access to your own personal information, please contact: email@example.com. Please note that for security purposes, we reserve the right to verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request.